Welcome!Have you ever felt the call of God to the ministry? What does one do after receiving that call? What is the next step? How does one prepare themselves to fulfill that call? The SoCal School of Ministry could be the answer to your prayers. We believe that the call to the ministry should be just the beginning!
Our mission is to assist people in exploring and preparing for the ministry to which God has called them in an easily accessible manner.
We offer classes for people pursuing ministerial credentials with the Assemblies of God in English and Spanish. To see a list of the required courses for Assemblies of God ministerial credentials, click here.
We offer all the required education to be a certified, licensed, or ordained minister in English and Spanish at various locations throughout Southern California. For information and schedules for the Colegio de Ministerio (Spanish School of Ministry) click here.
We can help accelerate your journey toward obtaining ministerial credentials with the Assemblies of God.
Additionally, studying in the SoCal School of Ministry could assist in obtaining a Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Religion as our courses are accepted for credit at Vanguard University. For information regarding the agreement between the SoCal School of Ministry and Vanguard University click here.
English: Onsite classes are currently postponed due to Covid - please select the SCHOOL OF MINISTRY option.
Spanish: Por favor seleccione la opción del COLEGIO DE MINISTERIO.
The SoCal School of Ministry comes out of a vision to raise up a generation of ministers ready to take the Gospel to today’s world. In order to accomplish this, the SoCal School of Ministry is designed with the following in mind:
- An approach that is big enough and broad enough to impact a diverse group of individuals in different life situations.
- A system that will allow those already in ministry to move forward and continue their credential process all the way through to ordination and provide for continuing education.
- An opportunity for mentoring by people already in ministry. SoCal School of Ministry students are mentored by their pastor or someone approved by him/her.
We believe that this can be a great resource if you are in any of the following situations:
- Cannot go away to college.
- Already are in mid-life.
- Making a mid-life career change.
- Already in ministry and needs to move towards ordination.
- Desire to gain more Biblical Knowledge.
- Want to explore God's call on your life.
If you’re looking for spiritual formation in an environment that respects your responsibilities and current ministry involvement, consider us.
If you want to influence, impact, inspire, and change the world in God’s power, please join us!
It’s convenient. Register for the class you would like to take. Attend the class on the days for which it is scheduled. Return home, meet with your pastor (or someone he/she approves), read the textbook, take an open book test, and return it to Network Campus. That’s it! You will have completed a required course for Assemblies of God ministerial credentials.
$129.00 – Per class which includes testing and all other fees and costs. To register for a course click here.
$145.00 – Cost of class if registering within ten days of first class day.
$20.00 – Per class if you simply desire to audit.
$30.00 - Cost of a late audit.
If registering online, registration must be completed by 12:00 midnight, ten days prior to class to avoid the late fee.
Requests for refunds for any fees paid will be subject to the SoCal School of Ministry refund policy. To view the refund policy click here.
Regardless of whether you are pursuing your certified credential, your license, or even your ordination, or just interested in developing your Bible knowledge and ministry skills, there will be classes available for you to continue that journey. Just being IN ministry is not enough. We should show ourselves as people who are learners and people who value the incredible call that God has placed on our lives for ministry.
Vanguard University (VUSC) is willing to award academic credit upon completion of study in the SoCal School of Ministry along with the awarding of ministerial credentials in two different academic programs:
Master of Theological Studies - SoCal School of Ministry courses will meet the pre-requisite required religion courses for entry into the VUSC Graduate Program in Religion.
School of Professional Studies – VUSC will award up to 27 units of academic credit toward a B.A. degree in Vanguard University’s School of Professional Studies (nine per credential level) upon successful completion of the prescribed course of study at the SoCal School of Ministry and the conferment of the corresponding ministerial credential by the General Council of the Assemblies of God.
Additionally Vanguard University offers a 25% discount for all qualified SOM graduates enrolling in the professional studies program: Bachelor of Arts in Religion, with a concentration in Ministry and Leadership. For additional information click here or contact the Vanguard University School of Professional Studies.
- A/G History, Missions, & Polity
- A Spirit-Empowered Church: An Acts 2 Ministry Model
- Christ in the Synoptic Gospels (The Life & Teachings of Christ)
- Introduction to Hermeneutics (How to Interpret the Bible)
- Introduction to Pentecostal Doctrine
- Introduction to Theology (Bible Doctrines)
- Ministerial Practicum: Level One
- New Testament Survey
- Old Testament Survey
- Relationships & Ethics in Ministry
- Acts: The Holy Spirit at Work in Believers
- Conflict Management
- Effective Leadership
- Eschatology: A Study of Things to Come
- Introduction to A/G Missions
- Introduction to Homiletics (Homiletics 1)
- Ministerial Practicum: Level Two (Homiletics 2)
- Prison Epistles
- Romans: Justification by Faith
- The Local Church in Evangelism
- Church Administration, Finance, and Law
- Ministerial Practicum: Level Three (Ministerial Practicum 3: Pastoral Counseling)
- Pastoral Ministry (Pastoral Theology)
- Prayer and Worship (Theology of Prayer & Worship)
- Preaching in the Contemporary World (Preaching in the 21st Century)
- The Corinthian Correspondence (1 & 2 Corinthians)
- The Poetic Books (Introduction to Wisdom Literature)
If you have any questions or would like further information regarding the SoCal School of Ministry, please feel free to call or email:
Director, Brenton Fessler - 949.252.8400 ext. 257 - firstname.lastname@example.org
(English) Ashley Mondragón - 949.252.8400 ext. 232 - email@example.com
(Spanish) Wendy Ángeles - 949.252.8400 ext. 249 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Exam Submissions - email@example.com